Saturday 29 December 2012

Getting ready for 2013

Continuing along with my current theme of I'm ready for this year to be over, I bought a nice calendar for next year to put on the wall.  Normally I go to the shopping centre and choose a pretty one from one of the numerous stands in the middle of the malls, usually one with photos of trees or waterfalls.  I never write on them though and often forget to change the month until it's already a week (or more) into it.  I really just use it to look at the date when I'm on my mobile planning something and can't use my iphone calendar.

So I thought this year I might go a pretty design on page style calendar.  I did have a look at the teatowel calendar designs on spoonflower but none grabbed me enough to buy one so then I turned to etsy.  And ended up with this one from once upon a paper.
Isn't it lovely?  The water colour dot on each month is the date of the full moon.  I figure that once the year is over, I can trim the calendar part off and have a lovely new piece of artwork too.


Next on the list is a diary.  I'm quite particular in what I want from a diary and I haven't found one that perfectly suits me yet.  Each year I try a different type.  This year I'm going to try this one from Delfonics.  I've just ordered it from Notemaker.


It's a weekly one (which I like because it's not too heavy like daily ones) with the week on one side and a lined page on the other for notes, similar to the moleskine style I think.  This one though has monthly views at the front of the diary which I don't think the moleskine ones do (I was originally looking at them).  I googled what the german writing means and it (apparently) says A story, a life.  And the small writing under that says a quote which means "For the lucky, the clock does not strike." which is apparently similar to our quote of "Time flies when you're having fun."



Do you have a diary that you like to get the same format of each year?  Or are you still hunting for that elusive perfect one like me?

2 comments:

Margret said...

I like the idea of a paper diary, but I tend not to use them. I love having my calendar on my iPhone which syncs with my laptop and it doesn't add weight to my hand bag.
I love that one page calendar you bought, especially the watercolour drops marking the full moons. A handmade diary that I loved was by Geninne Zlatkis. I'm trying to paste a link but won't work.

Beautiful Day said...

Noticing Maggie's comment, I love Gennine Zlatkis's work too - beautiful bird art.:)

Do you get the Innovative Teacher's Companion Diary? Lots of good teaching tips, stickers, and lesson ideas. Bit heavy though.

And I have an adorable calendar ready to go that I ordered from flapperdoodle - line drawings of 1920s ladies.

LOVE calendars and diaries!