Monday 22 October 2012

Sweet moments



Like the surprise you get when  a gorgeous bulb flowers in your garden, that you didn't plant. This time last year I was still in hospital and the year before that we hasn't even started house hunting. Thank you garden for making me smile.  (Can anyone tell me what it is?  Some kind of lily or iris?)



And the moment when you realise you've picked a winner of a novel.  I randomly grabbed a book off the shelf at the library because I liked the name and it had pretty metallic green leaves on the spine. Usually I read the back but this time I barely glanced at it. It was like I just knew. And I'm loving it so far. This moment was sealed on page 21, where a minor character, Mrs Kranowski, was introduced as "a spindly old woman with a hairdo that looked like vanilla soft serve ice cream". How could you not love a book after reading that? Possibly the best image evoking character description ever I think!


What unexpected sweet moments have popped up in your life recently?



4 comments:

San @ Made in Hem said...

With Christmas around the corner my guess would be this flower is an Amarylis. We grow these in the window sills every Winter. It's about time to put them in the pots again...
Somehow we never managed to let them bloom exactly at Christmas, it's okay, I can use some happiness in January too!

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Another book to add to my reading list I think!
Forming close friendships with the girls from my book club on a recent trip down south. You dont expect to meet strangers with a common interest in books and then they turn out to be really great mates!

2paw said...

I have had a flower like that and we call it a day lily. I would not trust me!! Serendipity is a wonderful things. I met a friend in a shop today unexpectedly and we had a lovely chat!!

2paw said...

Ahhh the box ate my comment. I said that I call that flower a day lily. I am very possibly wrong. Serendipity is a wonderful thing and I met a friend unexpectedly in The BlackSpot of Doomlight today and we had a lovely chat!!