Friday 8 June 2012

Pin it, Make it - Lasagne cups

  
I've been wanting to join in this new meme over at Polkadot Lane for a while now but I kept accidentally missing it.  I almost missed it again today too - I watched too much catch up tv online and my internet has been shaped. Oh the disaster! Luckily, they gave me another gig to get me through the next two weeks until it gets reset.  So after today, I may be a little bit absent again for a bit.  Another hint that I should be doing more actual stuff and less internetting perhaps?  No doubt!


My most recent pinning and making effort involved a lasagne variation.  Baked in a muffin tin! Supposedly good for portion moderation it certainly is not when you overestimate and cook it in a 6 hole texas muffin tray.  That's a normal sized dinner plate up there.  Way. Too. Much.  I think a standard 12 hole muffin tray will be just fine next time!  However, it was pretty delicious.

Of course, being me, I didn't actually follow the recipe too closely as I already have my own awesome lasagne recipe.  I just used the concept.  The recipe wasn't really very clear about whether you line the bottom of the muffin hole with the pasta sheet or just the sides so I went with both as I like my lasagne with lots of pasta.  The top edges get a bit crispy, but I was okay with that.  I've still got 3 left in the freezer, very handy as to pull out, heat up and serve with some salad on those lazy days where cooking falls into the too hard basket.

Head on over to Polkadot Lane to see what else people have been pinning and making.  It's on every second Friday and I'm sure Kelly would love to see what you've been up to as well! 


-------------------------------------------------------------

 


5 comments:

Kelly Ingram said...

Ooh yum! Your lasagne looks so cheesy and good. I love all the food inspiration over on Pinterest. Thanks so much for linking up this week x

Claire said...

Oh my goodness, this looks divine Megan..... what a great idea and to freeze them as well i'm sure they wouldn't last long in this house, once a certain someone discovered them, hehe.....

Claire :}

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

This is a great idea, I wouldve cooked them in the texas muffin tins as well I think the little cupcake ones would be a bit too small and you'd end up having 2 anyway! Mmmm lasanga its that time of weather again when the comfort food is on the menu :)

simona said...

Found you over at Kelly's "Pinned It".
Your lasagne looks delicious! The muffin size idea is definitely a keeper!

2paw said...

How cool are those?? I want to make them right now. Yum!!