Saturday 26 May 2012

Draining away

I swear I am going to run out of blood any day now. Today marks blood test day #12 in a row and even though its a Sunday and I'm busy doing Run for a Reason tomorrow morning, I still have to go in afterwards for tests. I try to make it all better by thinking it is better than being stuck in hospital the whole time and also by indulging a bit today and last Saturday with brekkie in Subi out in the sunshine. After all, if I have to go to the hospital on the weekend, why not stop at the fruit and veggie markets and a cafe?


You can help make me feel even better with a last minute donation to my fundraising page for the run tomorrow. The run that I am walking. 4kms and all the money I've raised is going to Transplant Australia. About $1300, or more if you can help? I'd put up links but I'm on my iPhone because I am still laptopless and MR has gone back to work with his. Luckily there is a little button just over there to the right in the sidebar which will take you straight there!!

I didn't end up making it down south unfortunately, had to go in and have an ultrasound and a liver biopsy on the day we were planning on leaving instead, joy of all joys. Hopefully next month. My medications are having a little gang war against each other and not doing quite what they were expected to and it's all just loads of fun and games in my body at the mo! It is improving though, just not quite at the point where I can have a day off blood tests yet.

drip,

drip,


drip,



drip....


5 comments:

Fruitful Fusion said...

I just wanted to stop and say, I find your blog so inspirational. The fact that you have so much to deal with and continue to share the silver lining and threads of happiness is amazing!

Wishing you well on your walk!!!

Beautiful Day said...

Be careful tomorrow - don't over do it! Thinking of you. xx

2paw said...

Is your arm empty?? (That's an old peoples' joke. Tony Hancock) How annoying that your medications are being all contra-indicatory. Very annoying. Oh, biopsy, yuck. Mind you the thin needle might have been painless?? A bit??
How annoying that you have no lap top. Still. Hope it arrives soon.
Good luck with the run.
That's an awfully nice plate f food there. I makes me hungry at bedtime!!

Amanda said...

I'm sorry to hear you didn't manage to get away down south. I'm glad you've got sunny skies for today's walk/run though. I can't imagine how frustrating all those blood tests must be for you - when I was going through IVF and had blood tests day after day, it used to drive me crazy!! I hope all settles down for you soon with your meds etc.

CurlyPops said...

Good luck for today Megan!!!