Sunday 4 March 2012

Stitcheries

I've recently been having an urge to embroider.  I learnt as a child but I haven't done it since but I really just want to embroider stuff.  Plus, it is a much easier craft to take into hospital.  Hopefully I won't have to use it for that anytime soon though. I know I should start with something small, but I have been pouring over some very lovely patterns on etsy and pinterest and oh they are so tempting! 



 here

 here

and how could I go past an embroidered cuckoo clock!! 
I think this one might need to wait til my skill level catches up!

 here


I think I might have to start very simple though and see how I go from there.  

If only embroidery was the only new thing I wanted to try out.  I also really want to do some more ceramics/clay work and also some mosaics.  I have plenty of time to do it all but no funds for supplies!!*


What new craft do you want to try?




* and seeing as it is currently 11.33pm I have again failed to get my $5 IBLO deal.  Bugger.   
 


3 comments:

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I love all that stitching it looks lovely doesn't it. Why don't you do what Ric Rac does and embroider your undies that way if the stitches are a little wonky it wont be seen and your getting some skills in hand :-) I like your IBLO plan. I'm currently trying to stop sugar again. It makes me so sluggish and I know its not doing my system any good now that it is changing. I went to a Naturopath and she has put me on a diet and some awful herb stuff to kick start my system but today I could chew the leg off a chair....I am craving really badly. Its worse than giving up cigarettes (which I did 15yrs ago)!! I am a night owl too thats why I love school holidays :-)

2paw said...

Oh they are all lovely!! I couldn't choose, maybe the yellow one, but in green??
I am sure I should just try and finish the things I haven't finished and not start anything new!!

Sally said...

I'm always wanting to try new things... too many things I'd like to learn not enough hours... I'm thinking of doing an Abode Illustrator course at the central tafe in May... it isn't strictly speaking crafty but it will help me in my crafty pursuits :)