Friday 17 February 2012

Back to the drawing board

Don't hospital blankets make a great background.

 This morning I have been hooking away.  Back to a pattern rather than unsuccessfully attempting to branch out on my own.  Differently though, this particular pattern is in German, which I don't speak, so I was a bit at loss as to how to follow it.  It is in pdf so I couldn't do the translator button which seems to have disappeared from my firefox anyhow.  I scrolled a bit further and saw that the pattern was also drawn out, similar to the photo below, so I thought I'd have a go at following it that way.  It was a fairly easy pattern and there was success.  Yay!  Now I need to get to work with the natural coloured wool to bring it all together.



3 comments:

2paw said...

That is so pretty, I am still not good with crochet charts, but that looks like a lace doily???

Anonymous said...

Lucky you were prepared! hehe. I really feel for you being stuck in there :(

Sally said...

Is it a doily? I've been looking for doily patterns.
I love hooking by pictures... easier to see the overall pattern than reading instructions.