Tuesday 21 June 2011

Couch-y goodness

Last Thursday we finally got our lounge suite we ordered back in March.  It has been a painfully long wait, particularly seeing as we didn't have any proper couch to use in the meantime.  But the couches thankfully stood up to the anticipation build up and every night since I have been out on the couch, reclining in style, heater keeping me toasty.  Ahh yes, so lovely.  Bring on holidays in two and a half weeks ten working days (woop!) You'll be able to find me at home.  On my couch.

Next on the list is a coffee table and a rug.  Our couches are black (due to grubby boys and the lack of finding any grey leather couch anywhere) and our entertainment unit (and future coffee table) is a dark wood so we were thinking a charcoal or light grey rug...

...perhaps like this, I do quite like this sort of pattern and our tiles are a very close match in colour.

Then we can have some light grey cushions with splashes of turquoise or duck egg blue...



...like this from here, or I could get motivated and make my own.

 A lovely piece of artwork found sometime in the future on the wall behind the couch...

...perhaps like this, from here


It's such a slow (due to expensive) process, this furnishing and decorating of our home, thank goodness window shopping and daydreaming are so much fun!


What new piece of furniture or home accessory are you currently dreaming about owning?

2 comments:

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Damn that was a bloody long wait but I'm sure your butt will get aquainted with it in no time! I'm all for black, grey and white and keeping the rug a plain colour so you can bring in patterns with accessories. It's coming together nicely chick :) I'm still on the hunt for a glass or mirrored round side table for the living room haven't found the perfect one yet ...

2paw said...

Hurray!! It must have been so hard without a couch. I love all your matching accessories , the rug and the art work especially!!
Hmm, I think I would like a new desk. I am very utilitarian!!!