Thursday 2 June 2011

in the pink

I've been working on a little project, which really isn't all that little, since the beginning of the year and I made a bit of headway on it over the holidays while couching and bedding with the tv on.


I'm making a granny blanket for my sister in lots of shades of pink.  Big squares - 10 rounds each - in just one colour so less sewing in those dreaded ends.  I think I'll need about 30 and I'm now up to 12. 


I'd like to say I'm almost half way, but then there's all that joining together to do.

And all those ends to sew in...

eek!

Head over to creative space's new home to see other creative ventures
 

5 comments:

2paw said...

I think a dearth of ends enhances my enjoyment of any project and all the pinks look so pretty together!! You are 40% of the ay there, your sister will be very pleased!!

LionessLady said...

Dont think about the end - think about the process! I actually find darning in all those ends quite cathartic - weirdo that I clearly am! Loving all your pinks.

blandina said...

Sewing the ends can be a kind of meditative moment, a time all for yourself in which to get in touch with your inner feelings. I find that repetitive jobs have this effect on me.
The pinks are gorgeous.

Amanda said...

Can't wait to see it finished, love those colours, it's going to look amazing. Hope all is well with you xx

Kylie said...

So far it looks gorgeous. I love how pretty the different shades of girliness {see there I go making up words again} look in your photos. I'm sure you sister will love it!