Saturday 16 April 2011

This week I'm grateful for...


I've been feeling very flat energywise this week.  Very drained, with big purple suitcases residing under my eyes.  So my gratefuls are centred around those little things that are keeping me trundling along... albeit very slowly.

- kind people I work with bringing me morning tea.  You know - 'I baked a cake yesterday and thought you might like a slice'.  Ever so thoughtful and very much appreciated.  Sugar is my friend at the moment.

- holidays starting on Wednesday next week.  Oh God Yes.  Can I sleep for 360 hours?  I'm tempted to test this...

- phone calls to My Rock.  He is back away at work this week but dutifully calling me each evening to see how I'm going and share a few moments from each of our days.

- take away meals.  I've had too many of these this week.  Woops.  But no preparation and minimal dishes is about all I can handle at the moment.  Luckily I am back in the city where I can get reasonably healthy take away meals like uhh... pizza... chicken and chips... okay, neither of those is healthy but minestrone soup and a teriyaki beef and rice might just slide into the healthy-ish category.

- my Meow.  Demanding attention and cuddles and doing crazy meowlish things.  She makes coming home to an empty house not an empty house at all.
 

more gratefulness at Maxabella's
 

4 comments:

Alice Becomes said...

wonderful that you have a nice list of gratefuls after your long week, enjoy your coming holiday and hope that you manage to get many good hours of sleep on that holiday, it sounds like you deserve it!

Gill xo

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when I feel like that I have have to 'be' in that moment and accept that I feel exhausted. And just wait for it to pass. I'm glad you're surrounded by kind hearted people to check on you. x

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

So glad you're being looked after, that people are looking out for you.

Maxabella said...

I know those weeks only all too well. I hope you're feeling better this week. Two more sleeps (hopefully big, big ones) and then it's WEDNESDAY! x