Friday 1 April 2011

This week I'm grateful for...

 
This week I'm exceedingly, overwhelmingly, completely absolutely grateful for so many very important things.

- the fact that I haven't buckled and fallen in a heap (yet) after hearing some VBUN (Very Big Unexpected News)

- having such a wonderful, fantastic, strong, supportive man in my life whose first (admitted with a little prodding about what he was thinking/feeling) stress about this news was how we were going to manage mortgage repayments when he had to tell work he needed time off to look after me.

- having the above mentioned rock home when all this happened.  It's easier to be strong with support right there beside you

- the relief we felt when we heard things aren't quite as dramatic as the picture certain words create in your mind

- having strong loving arms to hold me when I did cave in to a very short first (no doubt of many) bout of tears

- my sister, who has been exceedingly normal about the whole thing and has coined a new nickname for me in honour of my new, mutated chromosones, status.  And who is also taking a day off to take me to, from and look after me after a test next week to confirm everything

- the ability to stay positive and find the silver lining (how ironic given the title of this brand new 'pre-VBUN' blog) as well as finding a bit of humour in some way too serious and depressing stuff


Apologies for the obscurity and vagueness.  More information will follow post diagnosis but I am just ever so very very very grateful right now and need to focus on all those wonderful reasons to be grateful so that I don't fall into that deep dark hole I feel like I am balancing on the edge of.

If you haven't already had your fill of gratefulness from my very long list, head over to Maxabella's for more.
 

3 comments:

Maxabella said...

Goodness! This is most intriguing and worrying... I am sure you will tell us more when you are ready. I am very glad that you are still seeing the silver lining after what seems to be life-changing news. Best wishes. x

2paw said...

You do have lots to be thankful for, and I am so glad you have people to share your life with - the ups and the downs!!

Lauren said...

I'm with Maxabella...very intriguing and worrying. strength to you x